This political game we see playing out before us is quite fascinating, is it not? The very media that claims to loathe Sarah Palin--the same media that has gone to great lengths to, with their counterparts in the Democrat party, destroy both Sarah and her family--that same media is now scrambling to figure out her every move on this “One Nation” bus tour. (see pics at Sarah PAC) Meanwhile, during an interview with Greta Van Sustern yesterday, Sarah clearly feels she owes the media absolutely nothing. And she doesn't.
So--gasp--how can she possibly win the White House without the mainstream media in her back pocket? Whether or not she can remains to be seen, but I can tell you this...her toying with them in this cat and mouse game is a blast to watch!
I believe Sarah can win the White House in 2012 for the following five reasons:
1. She's right on the issues. Small government, remaining true to the Constitution, and drill-baby-drill are just a few of the important issues on which she would run. A recent Battleground poll confirmed that 57% of Americans consider themselves to be conservative, while only 37% call themselves liberal. A recent Sachs/Mason-Dixon poll determined that 65% of Americans back an amendment to the Constitution requiring a balanced budget, while Gallop polls show that 61% of Americans oppose abortion, well over 60% oppose amnesty for illegals (put forth by Obama and the Democrat party), and over 70% oppose Obamacare...the numbers don't lie, folks. The majority of Americans are Conservative.
2. Once the American people get to know the real Sarah--not the Sarah the media has presented--they'll love her. To know her is to love her. Recently, when discussing the possibility of a Palin White House with a friend, the friend angrily responded with a line she'd heard directly from a media source who hadn't the slightest clue what he was talking about. Conservatives tend to be guilty of this--believing the very media we know is out to destroy any conservative on the ballot. Don't fall into this trap! Do your research and quit believing the garbage being spewed in the liberal media. Get to know Sarah--watch her TLC show Sarah Palin's Alaska. Dig into the archives of this blog and others like it. (see the link lists, there are many) Read the books written about her, like Sarah by Kaylene Johnson. Better yet, read something she's written herself: Going Rogue and America By Heart. I'm not suggesting you line her pockets with more money if that's your issue with her--go check them out at the library, and if they don't have what you're looking for, submit a request. Do your research on where she stands on the issues instead of taking the word of the media at face value. For instance, did you know that Sarah never actually said you could see Alaska from her house? You heard that on a SNL clip, and believed it.
3. She's one of us. (this is the point that makes liberals foam at the mouth) Some people prefer a Harvard-educated wealthy liberal elitist in the White House. Conservatives? Not so much. Sarah Palin is middle, mainstream America. She's walked a day in the shoes of the average hard working American, and is tired of the liberal elite trying to make the rest of America subservient to their agenda.
4. She has experience, with a track record to back it up. The very people who support the murder of millions of little ones through abortion are Sarah's most vicious critics when it comes to the choice she and Todd made for her to work outside the home. A wife and mother of five children, Sarah juggled her many responsibilities while she, first, successfully completed two terms on the Wasilla City Council, followed by two terms as the Mayor of Wasilla. She then went on to be elected as Governor of Alaska, and was sworn in on December 4, 2006. In August of 2008, she was announced as Senator John McCain's running mate in the '08 elections. You know the rest of the story.
5. She has character. This point really doesn't need much explanation. Take a look at Obama and his associations, then look at Sarah and her associations. You know the adage--birds of a feather...Whether or not Sarah will run is anybody's guess. Maybe she's gearing up for a senate run in AZ, or maybe she really is just a chick on a bus tour with her family highlighting the history of this great nation. Better yet, perhaps all this publicity really is the beginning of what will be a campaign for President. I know this, whatever it is, is going to be incredibly fascinating to watch!