In order to make an informed decision, however, it's necessary to know where both candidates stand on the core issues. In the coming days I will be giving you the breakdown, so that you can make the decision for yourself based on the issues.
Since 'Sanctity of Life' is such an important issue in this and all elections, especially to conservatives, we will cover that first. (information passed to you directly from information obtained from Concerned Women For America)
Sanctity of Life
John McCain and the McCain Palin Team:
- Supports tax deductions for adoption expenses.
- Opposes creation of embryos for research, but voted for federal funding of embryonic stem cell research.
- Voted for a Partial-Birth Abortion Ban.
- Voted for the Born Alive Infant Protection Act
- Voted for the Child Interstate Abortion Notification Act
- Co-sponsored the Child Custody Protection Act
- Voted for unborn child protection in the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP)
- Opposes federal funding of organizations that perform abortions
- Opposes the Constitutional right to abortion, opposes Roe v. Wade
- Supports the nomination of pro-life Supreme Court Justices and will nominate judges who will uphold the Constitution as written
Barack Obama and the Obama Biden Team:
- Co-sponsor of Freedom of Choice Act, which would eliminate all federal and state pro-life laws
- Opposes Federal Partial Birth Abortion Ban
- Voted against the Partial Birth Abortion Ban as State Senator
- Opposed the Born Alive Infant Protection act as State Senator
- Supports embryonic stem cell research
- Voted against the Child Interstate Abortion Notification Act
- Voted against unborn child protection under SCHIP
- Supports federal funding of organizations that perform abortions.
- Supports the Constitutional right to an abortion, supports Roe v. Wade
- Opposes the nomination of pro-life Supreme Court Justices
These are the facts, girls...the future of our republic is at hand. Choose wisely.
To see our previous post on abortion and to find out the specifics of where Governor Palin stands on this issue, click this link.