Wednesday, September 10, 2008

September 11...WE Will NOT Forget!


Everyone has a story about where they were or what they were doing on that fateful day, September 11, 2001. I was sitting in a Cracker Barrel enjoying breakfast with my 2 year old daughter when my husband, a police sergeant at the time, called me and asked me if I was sitting down. He proceeded to describe for me what was happening, and I remember just feeling numb. Numb and scared. We didn’t know what was next and it was very frightening. As the day unfolded, we watched in horror as people fell from buildings, fires burned, and buildings collapsed while many were still inside. It’s a scene I will never be able to erase from my memory. It seems that many in the liberal media have chosen to at least try and make us forget. It has seemingly become taboo to put such things on television, except maybe on or near the anniversary. The President predicted this would happen.


Tomorrow, seven long years will have passed since that horrible tragedy, and it is a day we should spend in prayer for our country, our dear President, and for those families who lost so much that day. It is also a day when we should give MANY thanks, for all those precious men and women who serve or have served, and many who have given their lives for this incredibly awesome country we live in.

Todd and Sarah Palin’s son Track clearly follows in his parents’ footsteps. “Sarah believes that every life, not just her own, has a higher purpose...she holds that life’s meaning is found in serving something larger than oneself.” (from “Sarah” by Kaylene Johnson) One issue that is nearest and dearest to my heart is our precious men and women in the military. My heart nearly bursts with pride at the sight of them, and in their presence. (ever been to a boot camp graduation?) My father is a U.S. Marine who fought and nearly died in Vietnam, and has quite a story....my brother is a U.S. Marine who served two tours in Iraq, and my husband is a Navy man--so it goes without saying that I passionately support our military! That Track Palin has chosen to serve his country in the Army is honorable, and to be commended. Tomorrow, he will have something entirely unique...his mother, the future V.P of the United States, will send him off with quite a ceremony! I can’t wait to see it! Today, however, is a day we need to remember the entire Palin family in our prayers as they prepare to see him off. I know from personal experience, this is a tough day.

So Track, we bid you Godspeed. Our love and our prayers go with you and
your fellow soldiers as you go into harms way.
Remember “The task ahead of you is NEVER as great as the power behind you.” God be with you.

No comments: