Monday, September 08, 2008

More support from conservative moms!


From Anna in Alaska:
As the Mom of 2 Marines, and MIL of a soldier - all of whom have been to Iraq (& back, thank God) - I relate deeply to Sarah Palin. She has joined a huge sisterhood as a military mom. A sisterhood that overcomes all political lines for the sake of the mission... to see our loved ones through and back... all the way back.
The McCailin ticket is the BEST one, bar none, for the best interests of our military, and of ending this war in a way that we won't have to go back again in the next decade. I know they want it done... but they want it done RIGHT.

From Jen in Texas:
I, too, am a Christian, proud mom & wife and conservative republican and I have been HORRIFIED by the treatment of this amazing woman by the left-wing media and others... thank you for taking the time to get this information together - I plan on letting all my mommy friends know about your blog so we can get the truth out! We NEED Sarah Palin as VP (prior to her nomination I was pretty apathetic towards Mccain - he hasn't been the best representative for conservatives lately...) BUT I so love Sarah! :) The hypocrisy of the left is staggering and, in addition to emailing Us Weekly and cancelling my subscription, I will in turn NEVER have Oprah on in my house again!!!...I wholeheartedly agree with you about Sally Quinn and others (did you hear Howard Gutman the other day on Laura Ingraham's show? I almost crashed my mini-van I was so ticked!!) :) Conservative women haven't ever had a REAL woman representing us - one who believes in the sanctity of life, in smaller government, in working hard and yet raising a family... I've been thinking all day about the Proverbs 31 woman - she was a BUSY LADY!! :) She worked with her hands, sold her wares, clothed & fed her family - she was a shrewd business woman who provided for her family, in every way - spiritually, emotionally and physically! Just like Sarah Palin! I am blessed by the fact that I have been able to stay home with my babies and be involved in every aspect of their daily lives - but I hold nothing against those who financially cannot, or who feel called to a career outside the home! There were several days when I would have given my left arm for a career outside the home, away from diapers, snotty noses, etc. :) I am outraged by the hypocrisy of those who are claiming she's not a good mother and that she needs to be home - I am so impressed with Todd Palin and the obvious love their kids have for each other and their parents (Piper Palin is the cutest little thing!!) I was sad to hear about Bristol's pregnancy, but SO PROUD of her for choosing to keep the baby and take responsibility for their actions - something of which the left has no concept!! It says nothing about Sarah and her ability to parent or her ability to govern! Kids make mistakes! Mine sure do! :) But, I love them and support them no matter what and it is wonderful to see Sarah Palin do the same!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I couldn't say it better myself. I thought the comparison to the Proverbs 31 lady was brilliant! When Sarah lost her first race for a state governmental position (Lt. Governor), she went home and resumed her position as mommy, hockey mom and wife. To quote Kaylene Johnson in "Sarah", "she [Sarah] believed that all things happen for a reason, and that there was a greater plan at work." I thought that was very telling...it isn't that she is unhappy being an at-home wife and mommy. Sarah "believes that every life has a higher purpose. She holds that life's meaning is found in serving something larger than one's self." (from "Sarah")

No comments: